Adjunct Faculty Positions
Field Placement Faculty
Granite State College’s School of Education is seeking qualified and dynamic individuals interested in serving as Field Placement Faculty in six regions across New Hampshire for the 2014-15 academic year. The regionally-based field placement faculty provides guidance, oversight and mentoring for teacher candidates in the clinical experiences and support teacher candidates as they progress through their plan of study. A commitment to preparing strong teacher candidates to meet the demanding challenges in P-12 school settings is essential. Additionally, a strong academic/professional background is required.
Minimum qualifications: NH DOE educator credential as experienced educator, or equivalent certification from another state, Master’s degree or higher.
Salary: $20,000 plus mileage reimbursement
- Advise the teacher candidate throughout their SOE program of study
- Provide guidance in course selection
- Conference with the candidate, as needed
- Meet a minimum of three times per term for all clinical courses. These meetings may occur f2f or virtually.
- Provide the candidate with written feedback after one evaluation at the introductory level, the intermediate level and the advanced level.
- Provide guidance and evaluation of the Reflective Analysis of Student Work (RASW).
- Submit final grades for the RASWs/clinical observations to clinical course professor. The RASWs will account for 10% of the final grade for the introductory level courses, 15% of the final grade for the intermediate level courses and 20% of the advanced level courses.
- Provide strategies to assist the candidates to self-evaluate their strengths and areas in need of improvement.
- Monitor the uploading of teaching logs, collaboration logs, observations/evaluations, culminating teaching experience documents into TaskStream by course.
- Hold 2 Collaboration Seminars: beginning of term and end of term
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative and effective working relationship between the college and the field placement.
- Meet with the school principal or program director.
- Confer with school personnel to ensure (1) there is a clear understanding of program expectations; (2) they have access to GSC resources to support candidate; and (3) the candidate’s success in the educational setting.
- Assist school personnel with required paperwork for: (a) clinical experiences; (b) applications for district mentor and supervising practitioners and logging of contact hours with candidate for CEUs.
- Teach EDU 622/700 Introduction to Field Experiences and Program Requirements.
- Teach EDU 651/750 Culminating Teaching Experience and guide the candidate with the construction of the Professional Portfolio
Additional compensation is given for teaching EDU 622/700 and EDU 651/750.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.